We wish to appoint a dedicated, outstanding and inspirational Geography Teacher to play a key role in the next phase of our development.
For an appropriately qualified and experienced teacher, this role could be combined with a Year Leader position (TLR2b)
Haggerston School is a mixed school with a sixth form since 2010, judged ‘good’ by OFSTED in March 2013. That OFSTED report noted: “the school has gone from strength to strength since the last inspection. Students now make good progress and almost all achieve well.” Our latest GCSE and A2 results were the best ever in the school’s history, but we are aiming for much higher achievements for all.
We are looking for someone who:
• is passionate about Geography with the ability to inspire students
• can demonstrate excellent teaching and classroom management skills
• has the ability to build good relationships with all students and adults
• has a commitment to developing curriculum activities within the Humanities Faculty
• can promote and maintain the highest standards in all aspects of the work in the school
We can offer you:
• children and young people who are eager to learn and progress
• staff who are collegiate, committed to their own professional development and to improving outcomes for the students here
• an excellent physical environment recently refurbished and extended under BSF
• a school committed to your professional development
• work in a team where your skills, enthusiasm and hard work will be appreciated
If you are passionate about providing young people with a safe, supportive environment in which to ensure their success, we want to hear from you.
Click on Apply Now to download an application form.
Please return completed application forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: Wednesday 28th June 2017
Interview and assessment: w/c Monday 3rd July 2017
Haggerston School is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. All posts within the school are subject to an enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.