Opportunity to become Boarding Housemaster for the right candidate
Early applications are welcome as the College reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the application process.
This is a superb opportunity for someone who has a degree in geography or closely related subject, to join our dynamic and innovative school. The role would suit an enthusiastic and pedagogically creative experienced teacher, who is excited about being part of a team who have consistently high results at IGCSE, GCSE and A Level.
The current post-holder is a housemaster and we would certainly consider a candidate who is interested in becoming a boarding housemaster as well as joining the school as a geography teacher.
The right candidate will answer ‘Yes’ to the following questions:
- Do students leave your lessons inspired and enthused?
- Are you passionate about teaching and learning?
- Do you have experience of teaching at A Level?
We are an outstanding school rated excellent in all ISI inspection categories and can offer:
- Exceptional education delivered by a dedicated team of teachers and support staff with first-rate resources
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- The opportunity to become involved with a busy and varied co-curricular programme available to students.
- A beautiful working environment located on the bank of the River Thames, free lunch and evening meal when on duty, contributory teachers’ pension scheme, gym facilities and open-air swimming pool during summer months.
- Excellent peer support and professional development opportunities.
- Inclusive and thriving community spirit.
- Accommodation on site (for selected staff).
We welcome applications from candidates with:
- The ability to inspire and motivate
- A passion for teaching and learning
- A deep belief in the importance of pastoral care
- A creative and professional approach
- High expectations of students, driven to help them achieve their potential
- The ambition to take pupils on a journey to greatness
- Exceptional team skills
- An ability to teach a second subject
Informal pre-application discussions and visits are welcome; please call Moya Flynn on 01189 405218 or 07739 345171. A job/person specification and an application form may be obtained from www.shiplake.org.uk/vacancies
Closing date: Wednesday, 22 August 2018
Interviews: Friday, 24 August 2018
Shiplake College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with the Disclosure and Baring Service. Shiplake College is an equal opportunities employer.