We are looking for a dynamic, passionate and inspirational Geography Teacher. The ideal candidate will have the skills and abilities to engage and enthuse different types of learners and to work productively as part of the Humanities team. This role would suit either a newly qualified teacher who is an excellent practitioner, or an experienced practitioner looking for a new challenge. For the right candidate there is the possibility of an enhanced role of subject leadership.
- A friendly, innovative, Teaching and Learning focused school where students and staff feel valued and supported
- Excellent professional development and career progression opportunities
- Work in a rapidly improving school
For further information, please telephone or email Ms S Phillips, HR Manager. S.firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone: 01438 222500
Closing date for applicants: 31 January 2018 at noon
Interview week commencing: 5 February 2018
Pre-application visits to the school are welcomed Barnwell is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Barnwell serves the communities of South Stevenage and the surrounding villages although many students also travel from further afield to Barnwell for their education. The School is unique in the area as it is situated on two campuses allowing the school to be structured as a Middle and Upper School. What we offer is unique in Stevenage and North Hertfordshire. Both the Middle and Upper School are very distinctive and are personalised to the ages of the students they serve but both are underpinned by the same expectations and high standards that originate from Barnwell School’s vision: Achieving Excellence Together Our Vision is to create and deliver outstanding educational experiences for every student at Barnwell School.
We achieve this through:
- valuing every student as an individual, ensuring they realise their potential by providing an aspirational and engaging curriculum
- delivering the highest standards of teaching and learning to ensure excellent progress and achievement that inspires all our students
- ensuring no matter what the starting point, outstanding progress is achievable by all
- supporting student growth and development through our close caring community ethos of respect and tolerance for others and building a sense of belonging
- providing a learning environment which is both stimulating and supportive, whilst fostering excellence and independence
- inspiring a culture and thirst for lifelong learning based on motivation, challenge, praise and reward to enable students to achieve their goals in life
- building positive partnerships with parents and the local community to widen opportunities and secure high quality outcomes for all of our students
Achieving Excellent Together
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com