Teacher of Geography
Permanent, Full Time
South Craven School, supported by South Craven Academy Trust since May 2011, is an 11-18 mixed comprehensive school situated in a semi-rural location on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales with easy access to Leeds, Bradford and Greater Manchester. An ‘Outstanding School’ (OFSTED, March 2013).
Learning is placed firmly at the heart of the South Craven School community. We recognise that education is the most important experience of a child's life and our main priority is to develop and stimulate an enthusiasm for, and a commitment to learning.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Faculty of Geography & Computing for an enthusiastic, talented teacher to join the team as a Teacher of Geography. The faculty is a vibrant and highly successful faculty.
The successful candidate will join the team in September 2018.
The post offers excellent opportunities for an NQT.
The main duties and responsibilities of this post include:
• Teaching all aspects of Geography to all key stages
• Developing and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of the curriculum
• Using appropriate teaching and classroom strategies to motivate students and enable their progress
• Contributing actively to the policies and aspirations of the school.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
• An ability to teach Geography to A level
• The potential to be an outstanding teacher
• Knowledge and understanding of the curriculum and pedagogy
• Personal ambition and the capacity for hard work
Please apply by letter to the Headteacher, Martyn Hill enclosing a full CV.
For more information please contact Paula Read at Hays Education firstname.lastname@example.org
Or telephone 0113 2003710
The closing date for applications to be returned is Wednesday 23 May 2018 at 9am.
South Craven School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments made are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks.