Teacher of Geography required for a friendly and supportive secondary school based in Kingston upon Hull.
Tes is currently seeking an ambitious Teacher of Geography for a well-renowned school seeking to develop their successful Geography Department.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of Geography at KS3 and GCSE, supporting well-behaved learners to achieve top grades in Geography.
This is your chance to inspire learners to study Geography across FE/HE Education after leaving Secondary Education. You'll act as a subject ambassador with a support SLT to support you in your role.
'The Academy is a secondary school for boys located in Kingston upon Hull in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. As an educational institution with over 230 years of history, the school remains very proud of its history and traditions and our motto ‘Spes Super Sydera’ (Hope Beyond the Stars) still neatly sums up our Academy’s aims of continually raising aspirations, widening horizons and empowering our students to achieve their potential.
The Academy is currently rated as a good school by Ofsted (2016) but we aspire to become outstanding and the outcomes for our students show a commitment to providing excellence for all.'
The school is offering:
- a supportive environment allowing you to progress and develop as a head of department
- ongoing CPD opportunities
- a competitive benefits package
The school expects:
- a UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- a relevant BA/BSc/MSc in Geography or a related subject
- previous experience of delivering Geography to high performing pupils who push curriculum barriers.
Please call Tom Nutley on 07767001965 or drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. REF TN 1263237