DULWICH COLLEGE SEOUL
Dulwich College Seoul is a flourishing, high-performing school offering teachers a fantastic opportunity to work in a purpose built and well-resourced school in the heart of one of Asia’s most dynamic cities. In partnership with Dulwich College London and its sister schools in China and Singapore, Dulwich College Seoul upholds the traditions and outstanding educational standards which have become the hallmark of the Dulwich name in the U.K. and Asia.
The College is currently at its license capacity of 700 students, operating three-form entry from Foundation Stage to Year 13. We offer an IGCSE programme in Years 10 and 11 and the IB Diploma Programme in Years 12 and 13.
POST & PERSON SPECIFICATION
Role : Teacher of Geography
Responsibilities : Teaching Humanities in Years 7-9 and Geography at IGCSE and IB Diploma levels.
Possibility of Head of Humanities, CAS Coordinator or Extra-Curricular Activities Coordinator for the right candidate.
School Section : Senior School (Year 7 to Year 13)
Hours : Full-time
Contract : Three year contract from 1st August 2022 (renewable)
Responsible to : Head of Senior School
Dulwich College International (DCI) is a family of leading international schools in Asia. Across our schools, we are focused on nurturing every student to have the skills and motivation to thrive in life and make a positive difference in the world – that is, to Graduate Worldwise. To this end, we look to recruit the very best practitioners in international education who are passionate about unlocking the potential of our students, and who will continue to grow with us as Worldwise Teachers.
- Put students first in all they do
- Display a positive attitude, adaptability and open-mindedness
- Show professional initiative and perseverance
- Are truly collaborative and display highly developed communication skills
- Are committed to internationalism and equity
- Are committed to sustainability and global citizenship
Worldwise teachers believe in:
- The right of every student to be safe, supported and nurtured
- Evidence-based and innovative pedagogy
- Personalised and differentiated student learning
- Setting high expectations for every student
- Empowering students to reach their own goals
- High levels of student motivation and engagement
A Worldwise teacher’s practice:
- Maximises every student’s opportunity learn
- Promotes student agency, reflection and a love of learning
- Delivers academic rigour and holistic learning
- Reveals the complex and inter-disciplinary nature of learning content
- Creates a supportive and dynamic learning environment
- Develops students’ higher-order thinking
HOW TO APPLY
Successful candidates will be working in an environment with small class sizes and motivated students, having access to excellent resources, facilities and colleagues. Teachers receive an attractive salary (at generous tax rates) and a fully competitive overseas benefits package, including flight allowance, accommodation, living allowance, freight allowance, comprehensive health coverage and tuition for up to two children at the school.
To apply, go to https://www.dulwich.org/careers and lodge your application on- line by Friday 8th October 2021.
For further details about Dulwich College Seoul, visit the school’s website at https://seoul.dulwich.org/ or explore the school’s Facebook page. Interviews will take place online or in Seoul.
Appointments may be made before the application deadline, so early application is advised.
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
Dulwich College Seoul
Korea, Republic of
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Dulwich College Seoul opened its innovatively designed building in September 2010 and boasts state-of-the-art educational facilities in the heart of one of Asia’s most dynamic cities. The College has expanded to become a through school offering place...