Teacher of Geography
We have a great opportunity for a self-motivated Teacher of Geography to join our wonderful Humanities Faculty. The Chalk Hills Academy are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. Our academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. Our facilities include a brand new gym with new equipment opened 2019 which staff are welcome to use after school hours and a brand new Sixth Form block opened in September 2019.
We are looking for a teacher who wants to make a real difference in supporting students and furthering the success of the Humanities Department. We are on a really exciting journey of growth and development and we are open to incorporating fresh ideas from new staff members. We welcome applications from ECTs who are embarking on starting their teaching career and from more experienced colleagues.
It’s incredibly important to us here at The Chalk Hills Academy that all our teachers feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Chalk Hills Academy!
• To have responsibility for planning, delivery, and assessment of learning activities for identified groups of students at Key Stage 3 and 4.
• To ensure student achievement within these groups is at least in line with expectations.
• To be accountable for progress and achievement of students within these groups.
• To have responsibility for the pastoral care of an identified tutor group.
• To implement school policies and procedures as appropriate in day-to-day activities.
The successful candidate will
• ECTs are welcome.
• Resilience, adaptability and a can-do attitude.
• A commitment to inclusive education support from a hard-working team.
• Good behaviour management skills and a sound knowledge of the Geography curriculum at KS3 and KS4.
• The ability to work as part of a team and undertake pastoral duties as a form tutor will be a key requirement.
Start date Feb or April 2022
Salary MPS/UPS £25,714 - £41,604 (dependent of actual experience)
Job Role Full time, Permanent
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
• £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
• You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
• Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
• Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning in your own 12oz Bamboo reusable cup
• Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
• Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
• 15% off A
Here’s what Ofsted have to say “Together with your leadership team, governors and the trust you have established high expectations for behaviour, teaching and achievement. Leaders have made sure that strategies are in place which have led to improvements in the quality of teaching, learning, assessment and the curriculum. Leaders have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour. Leaders work well with staff to ensure that the school is typically a calm, orderly and purposeful environment.” Ofsted May 2018
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The Department for Education (DfE) has set out statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ for schools and colleges on safeguarding.
Safeguarding is defined in paragraph 4 as: “Protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.”
The definition of 'children' includes everyone under the age of 18.
Welcome to The Chalk Hills Academy, one of the four Academies under The Shared Learning Trust.
Vision and Values
'Strive, achieve, believe!' - We want our children to strive for their goals, achieve those goals and believe that with the right d...