TEACHER OF GEOGRAPHY
Salary: Main/Upper Pay Scale with possible TLR for the right candidate
Hours: 1 FTE
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: January 2020
Our aim at Selston High School is to inspire every member of the school community to achieve their full potential and enjoy their time with us. As a caring community school we recognise the importance of our values which include respect for all, trust, pride, recognition and celebration of success.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational Teacher of Geography to join a committed team, within your role you will be responsible for inspiring students through your passion for teaching by driving and maintaining high standard of results.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, self-motivated with a real passion for their subject. This would be perfect for an individual who likes a challenge and is committed to student’s learning. We are looking for someone who is motivated, patient and caring with the student’s quality of learning and excellent progression at the centre of what they do day to day. A TLR may be available for a suitably experienced teacher.
Why join us
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward thinking strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people.
- Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.00.
- Free car parking.
- An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
- The ability to request flexible working.
- Entry to a career average pension scheme.
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Thursday 17 October 2019
Interviews will be held on: Date to be confirmed after closing date
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.