We are looking for a passionate and innovative Geography Teacher to join the Humanities department in an exciting new phase of the school´s development. Starting in February 2020.
Cambridge College currently prepares students for IGCSE and AS Level examinations, and has recently started the process to offer the IB Diploma programme. This is, therefore, an excellent opportunity for both experienced IB practitioners and teachers of other Post-16 qualifications .
Cambridge College is proud to be a member of Inspired, an international group of over 52 premium schools educating over 31,000 students across five continents. Inspired schools are designed to inspire students to achieve their maximum potential in a nurturing, progressive academic environment.
A member of the Latin American Heads’ Conference (LAHC) and British Schools of Peru (BSP), Cambridge College is one of the leading co-educational schools in Peru serving more than 1,100 students from 2-17 years of age.
The successful candidate will be a team player with the experience to teach throughout the Middle and Senior School.
The successful candidate should have:
• Relevant degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification.
• Minimum two years’ teaching experience.
• Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the staff room
• Experience of the English National Curriculum and IGCSE/GCSE and A Level/IBDP syllabus is desirable.
• Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
• A proven track record of excellent classroom and pedagogical practice.
• Ability to contribute to our extra-curricular activities programme
• The flexibility and to work in groups across curriculum subjects and across key stages.
• Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language.
• A team player who will help develop new initiatives to enhance the Geography curriculum.
• The school offers an attractive salary, return flights, medical cover, baggage and settling-in allowances.
Cambridge College Lima is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo a number of safeguarding checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, reference checks with previous employers and, where applicable, Barred List and Prohibition checks.
Closing date for applications: Friday 4th October 2019 at Midday.
NB: Applications may be considered whilst the post is being advertised. Cambridge College Lima reserves the right to close adverts earlier than the stated deadline. We recommend early applications from interested candidates.
Information about the school can be found at http://cambridge.edu.pe.