Woodbridge High School is a successful school situated in the heart of Woodford Green, North East London. It is fully comprehensive with an ethnically and socially diverse intake. The school has a strong and distinctive ethos of kindness, tolerance, respect, excellent and pride in achievement, which we call ‘The Woodbridge Way’. We enjoy an excellent reputation within the local community. We achieve impressive results year after year from a fully comprehensive intake. We are currently looking for a Teacher of Geography to join our team on a one year contract.
At Woodbridge, we pride ourselves on our unrelenting commitment to the wellbeing and development of staff. During such a period of uncertainty for all teaching staff (but student teachers in particular), Woodbridge has launched a bespoke programme of remote professional learning to support student teachers continue to develop despite not being on placement. This is achieved through a combination of online courses, coaching video conferences with our induction tutor and forums to share ideas with other student teachers. All NQTs starting with us next year will also be eligible to join this programme and be a part of Woodbridge's remote learning journey.
The Geography department offers:
- The opportunity to be a creative practitioner of Geography teaching
- A supportive and expanding department
- A successful and well-resourced department.
- A positive learning and teaching experience in a supportive and friendly environment which is very popular with students.
- Good results at GCSE and A Level
- Very strong student uptake for GCSE and A Level
- A comprehensive NQT induction programme and support if required
- An inspirational Head of Department
The successful applicant will:
- Have a strong belief in comprehensive education
- Have the ability to deliver excellent student outcomes
- Be an innovative and inspirational teacher
- Be committed to their personal and professional development
- Make a positive contribution to the school’s distinctive ethos
- Have the experience of teaching a full age and ability range.
- Have the ability to teach Geography to A Level
Woodbridge High School offers you:
- The opportunity to work in a highly regarded school
- A welcoming and friendly staff body
- Motivated, well-behaved and friendly students
- Clear behaviour systems and students who understand boundaries
- Opportunities for rapid career development and promotion
- Access to state-of-the-art sports and leisure facilities
- Tailored professional development and training
- A comprehensive staff wellbeing package
- A part-time or full-time position to suit your needs and stage in your career, with specific working patterns negotiable
Woodbridge High School is committed to working with local schools and leads on many aspects of school improvement and inter-school development. We would like you to consider being part of our team at this exciting time in our development.
The school is committed to promoting and safe-guarding the welfare of children. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and overseas checks where necessary.
Further details about the school, the post and an application form are available on the school website at www.woodbridgehigh.co.uk. Please email completed application forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the school can only consider completed school application forms and not CVs alone.
Closing date: Thursday, 2nd April at 9.00 am
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a week of the closing date.
Please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion if you have not heard within that time frame.