Chichester High School
Teacher of Geography
(this post would suit an NQT or there could be an additional TLR for additional responsibilities)
Required for April 2020
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly, experienced and motivated department within a popular and thriving ‘Good’ (OfSTED 2019) High School. You will be working with a team who are dedicated, passionate and determined to deliver high standards to all of its learners.
The Geography team includes a wide range of experience and teaching styles; each member is ‘outstanding’ in their own individual way. We are united by a passion for our subject, the ability to inspire across the ability and age range and, very importantly, a sense of humour.
As Department leader, I frequently visit and observe the learning within my department. I expect to see pupils who discuss, argue and debate. I expect to see pupils excited, involved, engaged and challenged - unafraid of taking risks. I expect pupils to be engrossed and positively active. I expect to see pupils succeeding independently or in groups. Within our department, we aim to inspire pupils to achieve their true potential and instil within them, a powerful sense of self-belief.
The successful candidate will therefore need to be dynamic, determined and show firmness of purpose.
Do you feel ready and able to join our team?
Other information for candidates
• The Geography department has a well-appointed suite of 6 well-decorated rooms
• The CHS Geography Department is a lead department across TKAT and the Head of Department Leads TKAT COAST Geography
• We have a vast collection of multi-media resources
• The current priorities are independent learning; encouraging engagement of Geography; confirming the learning of all pupils; challenge and support: Literacy in Geography to improve learning
• There are extra-curricular opportunities offered to all students including visiting fieldwork, trips to Iceland, working with other schools and visiting speakers
• All staff with high quality CPD that allow career development
• All Teachers with their own classroom ins a specialist faculty
• All teachers with laptops
• A central location on the south coast, 5 minutes from the train station in a beautiful Cathedral City.
All staff must comply with the General Data Protection Regulation and in so doing ensure that all personal data is kept safe.
Any data breaches must be reported to the TKAT Data Protection Officer immediately.
If you are passionate about making a difference, we would love to hear from you.
Chichester High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
For further information about our school and to download our application form and safer recruiting form, please view our website at www.chs-tkat.org. Please address any application forms to Mrs B Hulse, Chichester High School, Kingsham Road, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 8EB or email to email@example.com. Please note that we do not accept CVs for this post.