We have an exciting opportunity for an excellent Teacher of Geography to join us from September 2017. This is a temporary post to cover maternity leave which is like to be 12 months, working at both our Senior Boys’ School and our Sixth Form site. This is full-time post and candidates with the right experience will be considered as the Acting Head of Department for Geography.
To be successful in this role, you must be:-
- Suitably qualified with QTS obtained in the appropriate subject and age range
- An excellent practitioner, experienced teaching Geography from KS3 to A-Level
- Passionate in using your knowledge of current theory and practice in teaching and learning to provide highly effective curriculum delivery
- An enthusiastic team player, willing to participate fully in the School’s extra-curricular programme and wider school life
- Engaged with the School's ethos, thinking creatively and reflectively within an open, honest and hardworking team
Above all you need to like children, to want the very best for them and be prepared to put their needs first. You recognise the importance of educating the whole child – including all learners – and achieving high standards, within a creative, broad and innovative curriculum.
In return we offer a positive working environment, with supportive colleagues and regular opportunities for professional development and training.
To apply, please download an application form from our website. Please post completed forms to the following address:-
Claires Court Schools Ltd
1 College Avenue
Alternatively, completed forms may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (no agencies, please).
Applications must be received by 12:00pm on Monday 22nd May 2017. Please apply early, as applications will be considered on receipt; we reserve the right to interview / appoint before the closing date.
NB: CVs will not be accepted in place of an application form, but may be submitted as additional supporting documentation.
Claires Court is an equal opportunities employer.