Teacher of Geography (with possible PSHE coordinator responsibility)
MPS/UPS (TLR for the right candidate)
January 2022 (or sooner)
We are delighted to offer this fantastic opportunity for an inspirational, motivated and enthusiastic geography teacher to join Grace Academy Coventry ideally from January 2022. The successful candidate will want to make a difference to the lives of students and to help develop independent and resilient young people who can accomplish their ambitions when leaving the academy.
We place great importance on our humanities subjects, being very aware that Geography is the subject which opens the door to this dynamic world, helps to prepare students for the role of global citizens in the 21st century and to gain an understanding of a diverse range of cultures and societies and how they exist and interconnect. The Humanities team pride themselves on the strong work ethic within the department which involves a system of shared planning and offers plenty of opportunity for CPD. The team has a great sense of humour. Within the department there is a Head of Faculty, 1 teacher of geography, 1 teacher of history, 2 teachers of RE and one member of the Academy Leadership Team.
In Years 7-9 students study Geography and follow a broadly based curriculum which reflects the National Curriculum with a focus on both physical and human geography. In Years 10 and 11, the students opting for Geography follow the AQA syllabus. The AQA syllabus is also followed for the A-Level programme of study. Most year groups have some fieldwork experience and there are plans to increase this further. Applicants should be prepared to teach across the age range (11-18) and some knowledge of both the GCSE and A-level AQA courses will be an advantage.
Our Academy is vibrant and friendly; our students are happy and caring; our staff are experts in their field. Together we work together to make Grace Academy a place where we can all excel.
● A friendly, innovative and exciting community in which to work.
● Excellent support for NQTs, NQT training, Middle Leadership training and access to Senior Leadership courses.
● Subject specialist network groups via the SWAN Alliance Teaching School, providing access to shared resources, latest thinking, challenge and support.
● Access to an internal market for promotions within the growing group of TLT academies.
● A vibrant learning environment where students are ready and focused on learning.
● Teachers’ pension scheme and local government pension.
● Use the onsite gym and sporting facilities.
● Free lunch when on duty and refreshments in the staffroom to access throughout the day.
● Staff wellbeing/workload committees who help to support staff well-being and organise. social events
● Access to our performance management system where a bespoke career development plan will be discussed to help progression and development.
● Free eye care vouchers.
● Free work laptop and use of up to date IT equipment.
● Plenty of on-site parking.
Our shared vision and values focus on all aspects of school life to help students achieve to the best of their ability. We aim to provide an engaging and rewarding work environment with a high expectation culture where all staff are valued and equipped to meet the challenges associated with high quality teaching and learning.
How to apply:
Please contact Mike Sherwin for a full application pack; firstname.lastname@example.org or 07525 889925.
Please read through the information in the pack carefully and please do not hesitate to contact the Academy if you would like to arrange a pre application visit – we strongly welcome this. If you cannot make a visit, then please feel free to phone us to talk about the post. Visits to the Academy or an informal confidential discussion with the Principal can be arranged via Sarah McAdam at SarahMcAdam@graceacademy.org.uk or on 02476 589 000.
You should ensure that you have completed all sections of the application form. Please submit your letter of application with no more than one A4 side, plus your application form to Mike Sherwin via email at email@example.com by Thursday 30th September 2021.
Grace Academy Coventry
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years