The College requires an inspiring and enthusiastic Teacher of Geography to teach up to A Level. We are looking for a part-time member of staff (circa 0.6FTE) with a passion for geography to join this friendly department in our successful and growing College.
The role will be offered with a view to starting on 28 August 2018.
Applications from Teachers in Schools and Sixth Form College sectors are welcome. A full mentoring programme is organised to introduce all new staff to sixth form college systems and procedures and to support and encourage professional development.
The Humanities Department is a collegiate and highly successful team, with a particular passion for innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
Alongside the academic opportunities offered to students, extra-curricular trips, visits and support sessions are also key to our success. Opportunities such as revision conferences, visiting speakers and speakers from local universities have all helped to offer students a diverse educational experience. Equally, our students have placed a high value on support and revision workshops, including Easter Revision Conference sessions and one-to-one support. The majority of Humanities students go on to higher education in such fields as History, Politics and Law, and enjoy support and guidance from staff in making these important choices.
Why work with us?
- Regular departmental meetings to ensure support and share departmental best practice
- Regular whole-College sharing best practice sessions
- Opportunities for staff training within the S7 consortium of Colleges & liaison with peers within the consortium
- Regular whole-College communication including weekly staff briefings
- Excellent links with local schools, businesses and universities
- Welcoming, friendly and approachable community
- On site parking
- College gym available for staff use, yoga classes, staff football
- Staff association: regular social events
- Location: Excellent train links from London Waterloo and the South Coast, walking distance of Woking station
- Close to A3, M25 & M3 junctions
We are looking for an exceptional candidate. We expect high performance from all our staff, and are looking for an impressive individual to inspire College students. Candidates should demonstrate their ability and suitability to both the role and the culture of the College.
Salary: FTE up to £38,130 plus £1,004 fringe allowance per annum, depending on experience (pro rata for part-time)
Closing Date: 9am, Monday 21 May 2018
Interviews: to be held on Thursday 24 or Friday 25 May 2018
Please download the Teacher of Geography Application Pack and click the Apply Now button to access the Application Form (CVs will not be accepted on their own).
For further information or to return a completed Application Form, please contact:
Kirsty Crook, Personnel Officer: email: firstname.lastname@example.org direct telno: 01483 227438
Woking College, Rydens Way, Woking, GU22 9DL. Reception telno: 01483 761036