Teacher of Geography MPS/UPS
A Recruitment Allowance is available for an outstanding candidate
A unique opportunity has become available for an ambitious, forward thinking teacher to develop their skills by joining our successful Geography department. Due to our growing reputation, we have rapid growth in student numbers and require an outstanding and dynamic teacher to enhance our flourishing Geography department and contribute to the development of our innovative curriculum.
Colton Hills Community School is a highly regarded 11-18 community school judged by OFSTED to be a ‘GOOD’ school in May 2015. The school encompasses a rich and harmonious multicultural community and is committed to the development of all students with the majority staying on in the sixth form.
The Geography department
The department has a vision for all students to become independent and successful learners who are able to engage with a variety of geographical issues. Uptake of geography is excellent at Key Stage 4 with outcomes that are above national for progress and attainment. There is also opportunities to teach the new A Level Curriculum next year.
Our students are eager to learn and you will be joining a talented and committed team of staff who are leading improvements not just in Geography but across the school. You will have many opportunities to develop your career at Colton Hills Community School through our excellent in house CPD programmes and the opportunity to innovate within a successful and popular subject.
The person we are looking for should be:
- Passionate and enthusiastic about Geography
- Inspirational, creative and a highly effective teacher
- Driven to ensure excellent student progress
- Hardworking, imaginative thinker and have excellent organisational and time management skills
- A team player who want to work and engage with colleagues at all levels
- Talented and have a track record of high quality examination outcomes
- Able to teach across KS3-5
OFSTED May 2015
- “The quality of teaching is good. Teachers ask searching questions that provide a good level of challenge to all students, including the most able.”
- “Students are currently making good progress in English, mathematics and science.”
- “The sixth form is good and students are achieving improved standards across a wide range of subjects.”
- “Behaviour around the school is of a high standard.”
- “Students demonstrate positive attributes to their learning, show respect for each other and have pride in their school.”
We can offer you:
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- Pupils eager for success
- Supportive parents who value education
- Supportive colleagues
- Refurbished buildings with dedicated home-bases for independent learning.
- Continued major investment in ICT
- Extensive grounds and facilities set in green belt.
- A recruitment allowance for an outstanding candidate