This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful, outstanding, over-subscribed comprehensive in East London. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed specialist teacher of Geography for September 2018 (or sooner i.e.April). We welcome applications from both NQT’s and experienced staff.
At Chadwell Heath Academy we provide an excellent education for all of our pupils. In our last inspection the School was judged to be ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED in all categories. We believe strongly in comprehensive education and its ability to change lives. We want pupils to feel enthused by the opportunities that await them, and proud to be part of a multi-cultural community. What we offer:
- A comprehensive induction programme for all new staff.
- A friendly and engaged staff body who welcome new teachers and a leadership team who encourage professional development at all levels.
- A superb opportunity to develop teaching and leadership skills through bespoke CPD provision.
- Opportunities for in-house career progression.
- You will be working in a modern, well-resourced and supportive environment, which has excellent facilities such as interactive whiteboards and visualizers.
- Students who are eager to learn-- 90% of our students go on to university study.
- You will be joining a thriving department, where two-thirds of students choose to study Geography at GCSE and over 60 students at A’ Level. The department has an excellent long term track record of academic success, with results consistently around 80% A* - C for GCSE.
What you offer:
- You will be passionate about your subject and dedicated to providing exceptional learning experiences in the classroom.
- You will be keen to contribute to wider aspects of school life, particularly field trips.
If you share our vision for Chadwell Heath Academy then we would love to hear from you. Please click the 'Quick Apply' button below to submit your application today. Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 24th November 2017The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. Chadwell Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in this commitment.