Haydon is a large, friendly and creative school in North West London. We have been judged as outstanding by OFSTED. We are looking for passionate Teachers of Pysical Education to thrive in our supportive environment. Whether you are a new teacher looking to do your NQT year in a supportive and happy school where personal development is at the centre of everything we do, or a more experienced teacher looking for a school where your passion and ideas will be welcomed enthusiastically, we would love to hear from you.
What we can offer :
- Room for progression within the Physical Education Department
- Working in a large department with nine teachers
- Excellent sporting facilities, including a large playing field, a new £2m gymnasium with indoor rowing facilities and two further indoor sports halls.
- The opportunity to teach PE at KS3, KS4 and KS5 including OCR GCSE PE and A Level.
- An extremely well resourced department including three large multi use hardcourt areas and large grass fields.
- Developmental lesson observations instead of grading
- A broad and inclusive curriculum where PE is valued across al Key Stages
What you can offer:
- Ability to teach across all key stages
- Creativity with lesson plans
- A specialism in Netball would be desired but not essential
- The ability to teach science as a second subject
- Sharing best practice and teaching methods with department
Reasons to work at Haydon school:
- Haydon has a fantastic personal development programme for teachers at all levels. All our training is tailored to individual needs and not just a ‘one size fits all’ model.
- The Haydon culture is supportive, friendly and we encourage staff at all levels to share good practice and ideas. We strongly believe that teaching is a truly great creative profession.
- Our students want to learn and be part of a community they take great pride in and take responsibility for pioneering change.
- We are a school that feels our students should be exposed to as wide a variety of cultures and experiences as possible. As a teacher, you will have the opportunity to join them in this journey.
We have a very large sixth form and encourage our staff to teach to A-level.
Please click on the ‘apply’ button below to complete the application form for this role.
We reserve the right to interview as and when applications are received.
To find out why we’re so proud of Haydon School, visit our website now: www.haydonschool.com or check us out on twitter @HaydonSchool
Haydon School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers must share this commitment.
To promote a safe environment for students, Haydon School employs a strict selection and recruitment policy which includes all statutory checks on staff and regular volunteers including Enhanced DBS (disclosure and barring service) checks.