St Joseph's College has an excellent reputation and is a popular high performing oversubscribed 11-18 mixed Catholic school with an outstanding OFSTED rating. 1100 students (400 in 6th form) create this well-ordered, friendly and positive community in Stoke on Trent, which is located less than an hour from Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool and only 1½hrs direct from London Euston by train.
Our student body is diverse and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put huge emphasis on professional development, and are proud of the exceptional people who work in our school.
St Joseph's College is an outstanding teaching school with a large and very successful SCITT programme and presents opportunities to develop your career both within the school and beyond.
Sport is a key element of our provision and we can offer excellent facilities in our new £3.5m Sports Centre.
We are seeking to appoint a talented and dynamic teacher of Girls PE who will continue to build on the successes of this department. An experience of teaching GCSE and A Level PE an advantage.
The successful applicant will be:
• A teacher with a Sports Science degree or equivalent who will continue and build on the success of our GCSE and A Level programmes of study
• Committed to inspiring and motivating our students through the highest expectations.
• A team player with excellent subject knowledge and ability to further develop our extra-curricular PE/Games programme, especially in netball.
• A strong communicator with leadership potential wanting the best for each student.
• A highly effective teacher, enthusiastic and positive in their approach to all aspects of school life.
The newly appointed member of staff will be an excellent teacher with a passion and flair for the subject and the teaching of it. You will be an ambitious, committed and hardworking team player who will support the school to raise the profile and ongoing commitment of the subject area, and, the academy.
St Joseph's College is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants for these posts will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.