Astrea Academy Dearne has an exciting opportunity for a Teacher of Girls’ PE to join their team!
We are looking for an inspirational and motivational Teacher of Girls’ PE to cover maternity leave. Astrea Academy Dearne is on an exciting journey as we work together to make a difference for the young people and the community we serve. Every day is different and this role presents you with the exciting opportunity you have been looking for!
You will be relentless in your commitment and belief in all young people and will ensure only the highest level of academic success and personal fulfilment for all: they deserve nothing less. It is our vision to create outstanding young people who are courageous champions of diversity, equality and mutual respect and who are proud of their community and are enthusiastic advocates of learning. It goes without saying that we will support you, develop you and above all welcome you into our aspirational school.
As Teacher of Girls’ PE you will:
- Ensure Quality First Teaching is consistently delivered for all children.
- Plan lessons and schemes of work that match the demands of exam specifications, are knowledge led and promote a love of learning.
- Create a climate within lessons whereby effective, independent learners are supported through innovative and challenging lesson design to maximise their potential.
- Work closely with the Head of PE to ensure that the PE curriculum and schemes of work are appropriate and accessible to all students.
We are looking for individuals who have:
- A proven track record of teaching at a secondary level with highly successful outcomes for students or successful experience as a trainee teacher completing QTS.
- Experience of teaching GCSE PE courses.
- Experience of monitoring and tracking student progress and achievement to improve outcomes.
Astrea Academy Dearne is an 11-16 secondary situated in Barnsley and we are a school where our colleagues are all part of #TeamDearne. We have a low staff turnover, high staff morale and are looking positively to the future. We are within commutable distance from Wakefield, Leeds, Doncaster and Sheffield and are a proud member of the Astrea Academy Trust family of schools.
We are an inclusive school and are oversubscribed in Year 7, Year 8 and Year 9. Being oversubscribed means we are looking to expand our excellent team of teaching professionals. We have the highest aspiration for our students to achieve their very best and grow both as individuals and as members of their community. The development of the whole child forms an integral part of our vision: we want the best for every student at Astrea Academy Dearne irrespective of their background.
Astrea Academy Trust are fully committed to being diverse and inclusive workforce where together we can embrace each other’s unique individuality, background and heritage. We are a ‘Disability Confident Employer’ and all our application forms hide your personal information so we can focus solely on your experience, skills and qualities.
We believe that by reflecting and representing the communities and people we serve, we will better and further the life chances of our pupils.
In return, we can offer you:
- Generous Annual Leave entitlement
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working opportunities from your first day
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Continued professional development and training opportunities
- Free on-site parking
Interested in applying?
If this is something you’re interested in, looking for a new challenge, have a passion for education or maybe all of the above, take a look at the Applicant Brief to find out more about the role to apply.
I am truly delighted you are interested in joining our hardworking committed team at Astrea Academy Dearne. It is with great pride that I am able to introduce myself as Principal of the academy and it is a privilege to shar...