Woodbridge High School is a successful school situated in the heart of Woodford Green, North East London. It is fully comprehensive with an ethnically and socially diverse intake. The school has a strong and distinctive ethos of kindness, strength in diversity, respect, excellence and pride in achievement, which we call ‘The Woodbridge Way’. We enjoy an excellent reputation within the local community. We achieve impressive results year after year from a fully comprehensive intake. We are currently looking for a Teacher of Girls’ PE to join our team.
The PE department offers:
- The opportunity to be a creative practitioner of Physical Education teaching
- A supportive, well-resourced and team-based department
- A positive learning and teaching experience in a friendly environment.
- The opportunity to teach across examination and vocational courses
- Good results at GCSE, A Level and BTEC Level 3.
- Very strong student uptake for examination and vocational courses at KS4 & 5.
- Excellent Teaching spaces for a London Borough School.
- A comprehensive NQT programme if required
- An inspirational Head of Department who will work with you as you become an outstanding teacher.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a strong belief in comprehensive education
- Have the ability to deliver excellent student outcomes across all key stages.
- Be an innovative and inspirational teacher
- Be committed to their personal and professional development through being a reflective practitioner.
- Be a strong team player.
- Be fully committed to delivering extra-curricular activities in a range of sports.
- Make a positive contribution to the school’s ethos
- Have the experience of teaching a full age and ability range.
Woodbridge High School offers you:
- The opportunity to work in a highly regarded school
- A welcoming and friendly staff body
- Motivated, well-behaved and friendly students
- Clear behaviour systems and students who understand boundaries
- Opportunities for rapid career development and promotion
- Access to state-of-the-art sports and leisure facilities
- Tailored professional development and training
- A comprehensive staff wellbeing package
Woodbridge High School is committed to working with local schools and leads on many aspects of school improvement and inter-school development. We would like you to consider being part of our team at this exciting time in our development.
We welcome applications from those returning to the profession or those who need flexible working arrangements. Please set out your situation or request as part of your application.
The school is committed to promoting and safe-guarding the welfare of children. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and overseas checks where necessary.
Further details about the school, about the post and an application form can be downloaded from the website www.woodbridgehigh.co.uk
Please note the school can only consider completed school application forms and not CVs alone.
Closing date: Monday, 1st February 2021 at 9.00 am
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a week of the closing date. Please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion if you have not heard within that time frame.
Woodbridge High School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Headteacher: Steven Hogan
Woodbridge High School is a thriving, ethnically diverse, successful comprehensive secondary school that serves its local community in the heart of Woodford. The school is a ten form entry school with 300 students in ea...