Teacher of Girls PE
To cover a maternity leave starting October 2017
Join us at Woodrush High School to work within the PE department at an exciting time in its development. Our last three Ofsted inspections have been graded ‘Outstanding’ and we work hard as a team to continually strive to improve.
Woodrush High School is an oversubscribed 11-18 mixed Academy and has an excellent reputation locally and nationally. We are a Teaching School and a National Support School committed to educational innovation. We are situated in a pleasant suburban area the school is based on the borders of Birmingham, Solihull and Worcestershire only 5 minutes from Junction 3 of the M42.
The successful candidate should be able to teach both girls and boys PE to both KS3 and KS4. Experience in teaching BTEC and GCSE are also desirable. Applications are welcomed from NQTs, recent entrants to the profession, or experienced teachers.
· Passionate about teaching PE?
· Reflective and dedicated to improving your practice?
· A caring professional practitioner who can build positive relationships and ensure young people are engaged and motivated to learn?
You will join a vibrant department, where teachers work together and are encouraged to take measured risks and innovate to inspire all students to make excellent progress from their starting points
We can offer you:
· The benefit of being part of our Teaching School
· A wealth of CPD aimed at teachers at all stages and levels of experience
· Supportive Induction programme
· A high quality NQT induction programme (NQT Quality Mark gained 2016)
· Excellent opportunities for further development
· Gym membership at a reduced cost
Interested candidates are welcome to come and look around the school by prior appointment.
It is expected the Maternity leave contract will be from October 2017 to May 2018
For more information on our school please download our application pack from our website. Where details can also be found on how to apply.
Alternatively please contact Mrs Robinson Headteacher’s PA on 01564 823777 or email her at email@example.com to have a pack emailed or posted out to you
Closing date first post Thursday 29th June 2017 interviews to take place soon after
Woodrush High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment