Required from September 2020 - Teacher of Girls PE
Full time, permanent position (Applications from good NQTs welcomed)
Somervale is a Media Arts College working as part of the Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership, a multi-academy trust consisting of 7 Secondary Schools and 16 Primary Schools. The trust schools have over 8,000 students on roll. This is an exciting time to be joining the school. Our exam results have risen for the 3rd year running, 1st school in BANES for student progress and a ‘good’ judgement from Ofsted (November 2016). We are a small school by design with a roll of 545 students, allowing for a more personalised approach to teaching and learning. Post 16 students are taught as part of the Midsomer Norton Sixth Form (400 on roll) with lessons being taught at both Somervale and Norton Hill. The school offers BTEC, VCERT, GCSE and A Level courses.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced person to teach in our PE department across Key Stages 3, 4 & 5. You should be highly motivated, proactive and able to support all students achieve their potential. Our aim is to ensure students make the best possible progress and your teaching will be integral to this.
Somervale School serves Midsomer Norton, Radstock and the surrounding rural area where there is an abundance of attractive and affordable housing. The school is on the edge of the Mendips but close to both Bath and Wells
- Be committed to exceptional standards of teaching and learning
- Be able to motivate, challenge and inspire students to achieve their best
- Be able to establish and develop outstanding relationships with students and staff
- Be a team player able to contribute to key leadership decisions
- Contribute to our core vision and value
We can offer you:
- A forward looking and innovative school
- A school with outstanding behaviour and safety for all
- Good facilities for teaching and learning
- Leading edge professional development support to improve your practice including NCSL accredited training
- A school where care, guidance and support are central to ensuring students make outstanding progress
- A school where learning is really personalised
- The benefit of close collaboration between the Physical Education staff at the Midsomer Norton Schools’ Partnership.
Closing date for Vacancy: Monday 24th February 2020
Provisional date for Interview: Friday 28th February 2020
Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.