Closing Date: Tuesday 27th June 2017 at 2pm Interview: Friday 30th June 2017
This is an exciting opportunity for a newly qualified or experienced Teacher of PE to join our ambitious and vibrant school. Our PE department has played a leading role in the school’s development and is at the forefront of Teaching and Learning innovations as well as extra-curricular provision. The successful candidate would be able to accrue experience towards completing their NQT year and would benefit from participation in our high-quality, comprehensive and supportive Continuing Professional Development programme. The successful candidate will also support as a Specialist Teaching Assistant within the PE department.
About Loreto High School
• A small school where we get to know our students well, find out what they are good at and develop their talents.
• “Staff feel well supported and are overwhelmingly positive about working at the school.” Ofsted 2016
• Visitors tell us our students are calm and well-mannered and that our Catholic ethos is powerfully transmitted.
• Loreto High School benefits from a modern building with excellent equipment and facilities – there is a suite of music rooms, practice rooms and music studio.
• Excellent CPD and staff well-being programme The successful candidate will be a newly qualified or experienced Teacher of PE with:
• the ability to deliver consistently outstanding lessons;
• excellent and up to date knowledge of teaching and learning;
• a commitment to Loreto High School’s high expectations and powerful ethos;
• the ability to enthuse and motivate students to drive up standards;
• a willingness to participate in the extra-curricular life of the PE department and support where needed.
• excellent organisational and administrative skills.
• the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of our students.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.