Part Time (0.625 FTE)
Fixed Term from February 2020 to December 2020
Student recruitment on this very popular course of study has consistently increased year on year. The College is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic practitioner to join our high performing team in this vocational area.
Delivering qualification pathways through a Single or Triple Vocational Advanced Level programme, you will be able to engage students with a range of diverse and well planned lessons and practical opportunities, offering a course of study that provides both excitement and enjoyment through wider challenge.
Practical experience is provided to students through a range of work based placements that develops the skills required to work in a variety of professions within the healthcare sector. The department has a fantastic network of support from local care providers who work closely with the College to offer placement opportunities. Some of our students have found employment with these providers following the completion of their qualification but a large number go on to Higher Education.
If you have the motivation to guide, support and inspire the next generation of healthcare professionals then we would like to hear from you to join our team.
From February 2020 we are looking for someone:
• With vision, energy and exciting ideas to build on current good practice and excellent results
• That has the ability to engage students and inspire an enthusiasm and understanding of Health & Social Care through excellent subject knowledge
• Who is a strong classroom practitioner able to inspire high performing students as well as nurture those less confident in their ability
• Who has the understanding and experience of implementing successful intervention programmes
• Has a knowledge and an understanding of delivering a practical course and is able to relate this directly to sector good practice.
• Has a desire to share good practice and make a real contribution to the development of the department and the progress of our students
We can offer you:
• A modern friendly working environment with excellent facilities
• Salary ranging from £24,098 - £39,329 (SFCA Teaching Pay Scale)
• Structured CPD with opportunities for regular inset workshops and cross college sharing of resources and techniques
• Optional wellbeing days / activities
This post represents an excellent opportunity for either, an NQT looking for the first step in their career teaching in a high performing Sixth Form College, or an experienced and inspirational classroom practitioner aiming to develop their expertise.
The college has an established programme of professional development support which is led by senior managers and actively encourages individuals with the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in their chosen profession.
If you require any further information regarding this post, please contact: The Personnel Department, Bolton Sixth Form College, Deane Road, Bolton BL3 5BU.
The closing date for applications: Tuesday 19th November 2019 @ 23.59
Interviews will take place on: Tuesday 26th November 2019
All appointments at the College are subject to the receipt of satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service