Holyhead School is a heavily oversubscribed, 11-19 Academy in Handsworth with over 1300 students on roll. The school is a National Leader in Education/National Support School and was designated ‘Outstanding‘ by Ofsted following a successful inspection in December 2013, April 2015 and again in December 2017. Inspectors highlighted a number of key reasons for the school’s success including:
● Teachers have high expectations of all students, regardless of their ability
● Relationships are excellent and are built on respect and trust
● Students from many different backgrounds and cultures get on very well together
● Staff morale is high
● GCSE results across a range of subjects are significantly better than those of similar schools, representing outstanding progress
● Students’ achievement in the Sixth Form is outstanding
We are looking for….
● A well-qualified, creative and dynamic teacher of Health and Social Care. The ability to offer Media, Sociology or Psychology would be advantageous
● A teacher who is able to inspire students
● A dedicated professional with a commitment to extracurricular activities that add value for students
We can offer….
● Excellent students and staff who will enthuse and inspire the successful candidate
● The opportunity to be part of a highly innovative and successful faculty
● A friendly and supportive working environment
● A comprehensive induction programme and the opportunity to engage in further professional development
The Social Science curriculum area at Holyhead has an outstanding track record. If you feel that you could add value to the current provision in Health and Social Care, Psychology or Sociology for our students and have the necessary energy, enthusiasm and sense of humour to join us as we move forward in this exciting curriculum area then please contact Mr Yasir Idris, HR Manager on email@example.com and ask for an application pack. Alternatively, the information can be downloaded from our website. Informal enquiries are most welcome. Please note applications only accepted on the official Holyhead School job application form.
Holyhead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
Closing date: 07 December 2018
Interviews: w/c 10th November 2018
Holyhead School, Milestone Lane, Holyhead Road, Handsworth, Birmingham, B210HN
Tel: 0121-523-1960 Fax: 0121-523-1969 email: firstname.lastname@example.org twitter: @holyhead_school