Student recruitment on this very popular course of study has consistently increased year on year. The College is seeking to appoint a new member of staff to join our dynamic and enthusiastic team delivering vocational social science to accommodate the expanding popularity of this highly successful qualification.
Delivering qualification pathways through a Single or Triple Vocational Advanced Level programme, you will be able to engage students with a range of diverse and well planned lessons and practical opportunities, offering a course of study that provides both excitement and enjoyment through wider challenge.
Practical experience is provided to students through a range of work based placements which develops the skills required to work in a variety of professions within the health and social care sector. The department has a fantastic network of support from local care home providers and nurseries who work closely with the college to offer placement opportunities and over the years, some of our students have found employment with these providers following the completion of their qualification with a large number going on to Higher Education to study a specific area of healthcare.
If you have the motivation to guide, support and inspire the next generation of health professionals then we would like to hear from you.
From August 2019 we are looking for someone:
• With vision, energy and exciting ideas to build on current good practice and results
• That has the ability to engage students and inspire an enthusiasm and understanding of Health and Social Care through excellent subject knowledge
• Who is a strong classroom practitioner able to inspire high performing students as well as nurture those less confident in their ability
• Who has the understanding and experience of implementing successful intervention programmes
• Has a knowledge and an understanding of delivering a practical course and is able to relate this directly to sector good practice.
• Has a desire to share good practice and make a real contribution to the development of the department and the progress of our students
We can offer you:
• A modern friendly working environment with excellent facilities
• Salary ranging from £23,393 - £38,747 (SFCA Teaching Pay Scale)
• Structured CPD with opportunities for regular inset workshops and cross college sharing of resources and techniques
• Optional wellbeing days / activities
• NQT first year guidance with timetable remission and senior management led support
This post represents an excellent opportunity for either, an NQT looking for the first step in their career teaching in a high performing Sixth Form College, or an experienced and inspirational classroom practitioner aiming to develop their expertise.
The college has an established programme of professional development support which is led by senior managers and actively encourages individuals with the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in their chosen profession.
If you require any further information regarding this post, please contact: The Personnel Department, Bolton Sixth Form College, Deane Road, Bolton BL3 5BU.
The closing date for applications: Wednesday 20th March 2019 @ midnight
Interviews to be held: Wednesday 27th March 2019
All appointments at the College are subject to the receipt of satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service.