UWCSEA has a vacancy for August 2017 at its East Campus for a teacher of High School Mathematics (ages 15-18). The appointee will teach a range of classes from Grade 9 to Grade 12. The department offers all levels of IGCSE and IB Diploma Mathematics.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you have a strong sense of adventure and an exceptional level of commitment to teaching and learning, UWCSEA might be the perfect next step for you. Here are some reasons why:
- We provide an extensive professional learning programme that brings international experts to the school and sends teachers to courses and programmes in the region and beyond.
- Our academic results are outstanding, but our focus on holistic education means teachers are involved in all aspects of the programme. At UWCSEA you can take students trekking in the Himalayas or kayaking in Thailand, building houses in Cambodia or skiing in Switzerland. Equally, you can support them in making real connections with the local communities, working with children with multiple disabilities or teaching life skills to domestic workers who have been the victims of violence. All our students and teachers, from Kindergarten1 to Grade 12 are involved in outdoor education and service activities.
- As a non-profit organisation, we invest 3% of income in scholarships for nearly 100 students each year. These scholars come from a wide variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. You can teach and learn from these exceptional students.
- The College is at an exciting time in its development and you can be part of that. Our College-wide curriculum articulation project, the Centre for International Education, the integration of technology into teaching and learning and the development of our outdoor education facilities are just some of the exciting initiatives our staff are currently involved in.
- A highly competitive benefits package allows you to enjoy remarkable access to Asia through personal travel
As well as a competitive remuneration package, UWCSEA offers extremely high levels of professional development and the satisfaction of working with remarkable young people in a climate of innovation, collaboration and collegiality.https://www.uwcsea.edu.sg/jobs/teaching
Teachers arriving from overseas will be provided with a housing allowance, flights on arrival and at the end of each two-year contract, baggage allowance and medical insurance. It should be noted that the medical insurance is provided within industry-standard limits.
Teachers arriving from overseas are entitled to tuition fee exemption at the College for up to 3 children. Teachers’ children are subject to the same admission standards as all other applicants. It should be noted that provision for learning support is limited in scope.