Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of History on a part-time (0.6) temporary basis from September 2021 until August 2022. Both experienced and newly qualified teachers are encouraged to apply.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an Outstanding rated 11-16 academy based in the cathedral city of Ripon. Historic Ripon may be the third smallest city in Britain, but its home to one of the country’s best performing academies. Ofsted recognised that ‘Outstanding teaching is at the root of students’ excellent achievement’ and ‘the excellent behaviour of students contributes to an outstanding climate for learning’. As a Teaching School, they offer high quality support and programmes of professional development, for both NQTs and for more experienced colleagues.
The school are seeking applications for a 0.6 Teacher of Humanities with a History specialism, someone with the drive and vision, to deliver excellence in their Humanities department. A candidate with a clear focus on outstanding outcomes for students, you will ensure effective teaching and learning is in place to rapidly raise standards at GCSE.
- Carrying out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with Academy policies, under the direction of the Principal
- Promoting the achievement of high standards through effecting teaching and learning within subject area(s), preparation, evaluation and action planning
- Being central in the delivery of the ECM agenda, paying regard to the provision of personalisation for students
- Modelling the vision and values of the Academy
The Successful Candidate:
- A degree in an appropriate discipline related to relevant subject
- Teaching qualification together with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Awareness of the strategies available for improving the learning and achievement of all students
- Recent and relevant teaching experience in employment or training
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact email@example.com REF KR 1445892
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...