Harris Academy South Norwood is an outstanding Academy and has excellent facilities for teaching and learning. We have the highest standards of behaviour and expectations. We have been recognised by the DFE as being one of the best schools in England for our type of intake and one of the most effective schools in the country. Our programmes for professionally developing staff are first class.
As the amalgamated academy continues to grow, we need to ensure that we have effective capacity to lead the academy and to ensure we maintain the highest standards, as such we are looking for a candidate with strong subject knowledge, a love for history and being able to teach up to and including A-level is essential.
Key aspects of this role will be to:
- Deliver consistently good or better teaching in History across Years 7-11
- Deliver consistently good or better teaching in Sociology upto GCSE Grade
- Deliver consistently good or better teaching in Law upto A-Level grade
(Note – 2017/18 the last year where we will offer A-Level Law, and so the timetable for this role will become fully focused on History and Sociology from Sep 2018)
- Have the rigour in subject knowledge to be able to teach high level GCSE and A-level students either history, sociology, and/or law
- Ensure we have the highest standards for the quality of teaching, behaviour and pastoral care
- Be a form tutor to a tutor group
This is an exciting and challenging role, including GCSE and A-level teaching.
The appointed candidate will be well supported by an excellent induction programme and access to excellent facilities for teaching and learning.
As a member of the Harris Federation of schools we can offer:
- Excellent CPD opportunities and career progression
- A range of staff benefits including private health care
- A modern and attractive working environment
For more information about this position or to arrange a visit to the Academy, please email Elouise Gillette at GilletteE@harrissouthnorwood.org.uk or telephone 0208 405 5131.
Harris Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.