We are looking for a well-qualified, committed and enthusiastic Teacher of History and Geography to join our successful 11-18 comprehensive school. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented and well qualified teacher to join a strong and successful Social Sciences Faculty. Applications are welcome from NQTs or experienced teachers. Visits to the school are welcome, by prior arrangement. Please contact Abbie Muchecheti, HR Manager, on 01993 848166 or email@example.com.
History and Geography are part of our Social Science Faculty which also comprises of Religious Studies, Psychology, Sociology, Personal Development, Child Development and Care and Health and Social Care.
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Ability to teach KS3, KS4 and KS5
• Effective behaviour management
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Knowledge of planning, assessment and record-keeping
• Commitment to further training and development
• Conscientious, enthusiastic and positive
• The ability to relate well to students, staff and parents
• Willingness and ability to be an effective tutor, if required
• Ability to teach KS5
• Willingness to teach PSHE
• Willingness to contribute to extra-curricular activities
• Evidence of improving practice by identifying and meeting CPD needs
The successful applicant will be expected to work enthusiastically with all ages and abilities, employ a wide range of teaching methods and seek to ensure that the potential of every student is fulfilled. If you have any questions or would like to discuss the position further then please contact the Social Science School Leader, Claire Wells on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The school was inspected by Ofsted in November 2017 and was judged as ‘good’ in every category. The GCSE examination results in 2018 were good, with excellent ‘A’ Level results.