Dubai College is seeking a knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and highly motivated teacher of History and Politics. The successful candidate will collaborate with the Head of History, the Subject Leader for Politics and the Second in History to maximise student outcomes throughout Key Stage 3-5. They will deliver inspirational teaching, thorough and informative marking and will engage effectively with College and departmental systems for tracking, monitoring and intervention. They will also be willing to help enhance the broad and imaginative range of co- and extra-curricular opportunities already on offer in the department and they will collaborate effectively with the rest of our team to further develop the quality education we deliver for all of our students.
All applicants must:
have a good honours degree in a History and/or Politics related field and a PGCE qualification or its equivalent, as well as a strong track record of academic success
• have an outstanding knowledge and understanding of History and Politics and an ongoing commitment to both disciplines and the ability to stretch and challenge all students at KS3, KS4 and KS5, including the most able and those that aspire to gain places at the world’s leading universities
• have an interest in differentiation to ensure that the subjects of History and Politics are compelling choices for the highest-performing students, as well as accessible choices for the lower-attaining
• have outstanding teaching skills which enable all students to achieve relative to their prior attainment, with all students making progress as good as, or better than, students with a similar profile in other schools internationally
• be an enthusiastic and innovative teacher with a genuine love of History and Politics, who can motivate and inspire students using a wide range of teaching strategies and demonstrate a clear positive impact on teaching and learning both in the classroom and in the wider school environment
• be able to work well as a member of a team to contribute to the further development of the History and Politics Department
It would be an advantage if the successful candidate had:
• a postgraduate degree in History or Politics
• experience as an examiner for a UK examining body
In addition the postholder must:
• be a positive role model to students and other staff
• be committed to his or her own professional development, and in particular to the use of digital and oracy skills as tools for teaching and learning
• be ambitious, energetic, enthusiastic and able to plan independently and collaboratively to help further develop the department and the school
• take responsibility for the safeguarding of students
• be empathetic to the ethos of the College, including the College’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion agenda
• be willing to immerse themselves in the College’s extensive extra-curricular programme and in the general life of the College
A full job specification for this role is available on our website http://www.dubaicollege.org/join-us/recruitment/teaching together with an application form.
Dubai College operates its own teaching scales. The contract of employment provides for a generous basic salary (currently tax free), medical insurance and terminal gratuity. In addition, allowances are available for full-time staff for accommodation and relocation as well as an annual flight allowance.
Dubai College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and we select staff that understand and share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and obtain a Police Certificate or Good Conduct Certificate from the country the applicant last resided or was employed in, which may include Disclosure and Barring checks.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com using the application form available on our website. The deadline for applications is Monday 27th September 2021 with interviews the following week.
Dubai College, UAE
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Dubai College was established forty-three years ago and has a national and international reputation as a world class learning organisation. We are an independent, coeducational, not-for-profit, selective school following an adapted Englis...