Teacher of History.
This post is fixed-term until August 2022 and is required to commence September 2021.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary academy, based in Birmingham. The school is looking to add a Teacher of History to its progressive and supportive Humanities Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of History at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will support the Head of Humanities to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“We are currently seeking to appoint an inspiring and creative Teacher of History to join our hardworking and committed staff team. As our new Teacher of History we will nurture, support and challenge you in your career. By working closely with the Subject Leader for History and other leaders in school we will encourage you to develop your skills and expertise."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as TLR or Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant History Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering History up to A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1428903 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email email@example.com for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1428903 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...