Due to our growing reputation and our increasing roll, we are seeking an inspirational teacher of History to join our small, well-established but innovative team from September 2018. You will be joining a well-resourced department with a relentless focus on raising attainment, recruiting to KS5 History courses delivered in-house. This would be a really exciting opportunity for either an outstanding NQT or an experienced teacher looking to develop their career in a forward-thinking school. (All NQTs are supported with an outstanding, bespoke induction and CPD programme.)
You will be responsible for planning and delivering high quality lessons and supporting your students to achieve excellent results, instilling in them a love for History and a keenness to learn. You will be an effective team member, whose input will contribute to the capacity of the current supportive and enthusiastic team.
The successful candidate must be
- Able to teach History to KS4 and have the potential to contribute to KS5 delivery -
- Committed to making a difference to the lives of our pupils,
- Passionate about the Humanities and their impact on learning, with the ability to motivate pupils and help them to achieve excellent results,
- Resilient with a strong personal drive,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues,
- Someone who has an excellent record of forging positive relationships with students to encourage great learning,
and someone who
- Has a passion for History, and the ability to share this with young people, igniting their curiosity and their interest.
We will offer you;
- A positive learning culture,
- An ambitious senior leadership team with a clear vision for the future of the Academy
- Access to the RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff.
Successful candidates should look forward to working in a challenging and inspiring environment within which there is ample opportunity to lay foundations for career progression and leadership. We are committed to ensuring that every member of our school community is enabled to ‘be the best they can be’.
To find out more about Whitley Academy, please go to www.whitleyacademy.com or to find more details about the RSA Family of Academies, please visit www.rsaacademies.org.uk Informal visits are welcomed. Candidates should contact the Principal’s PA to make arrangements in the first instance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 21st May 2018 - 9.00am
Interview date: TBC (Applicants who return their forms early, may be interviewed before the closing date.)
Completed applications should be returned via email to email@example.com We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to the safeguarding of and promoting the welfare of children. This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, appointment will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).