Permanent | MPR/UPR | Required January 2020
• Want to join a forward thinking and highly supportive History and Humanities Faculty?
• Have a passion for teaching and wish to inspire young Historians to love learning?
• Wish to be part of an Academy that recognises talent and invests in potential through excellent professional development and progression opportunities irrespective of career stage?
If so, Sir Thomas Wharton Academy is the place to continue the next stage of your career.
We are seeking to appoint a highly qualified, ambitious and talented teacher to contribute to the History Department’s improvement journey.
The Maltby Learning Trust, consisting of primary and secondary Academies is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn, striving to secure excellence in all aspects of its work.
Our successful candidate will be:
• An excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations
• Able to inspire and enthuse young people
• Committed to raising standards for all
• Able to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas
In return we will offer:
• Purpose-built learning spaces which inspire outstanding teaching and learning
• Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development
• An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff
Prospective candidates are invited to visit the Academy and meet the team. Please contact Min Cunning on 0114 272 1470 if you wish to make an appointment.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
How do I apply?
For further information, or to obtain please contact an Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification Min Cunning at email@example.com
Completed applications including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role should be addressed to Mrs Yvonne Bootman, Associate Principal and submitted to Min Cunning at firstname.lastname@example.org