This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Teacher of History to join a forward-looking 11–19 school. The Sweyne Park School is the lead school within the Rayleigh Schools Trust and works with a local primary school, providing a 0–19 educational experience for the local community. The successful applicant will have excellent subject knowledge, the ability to inspire students and a desire to develop as a teacher.
Teachers in the History department work as a strong team, sharing resources and developing excellent practice together. This role offers the opportunity to work with enthusiastic, supportive and committed colleagues.
The Sweyne Park School:
- opened a Sixth Form in September 2014;
- is a heavily oversubscribed school;
- is highly committed to staff welfare and development;
- teacher loading is 21 out of 25 hours per week and teachers only rarely cover lessons;
- has strong, ethical leadership and fair recruitment and retention practices;
- was one of the first secondary schools in the county to gain ‘Rights Respecting Gold’ status in 2019;
- is equipped with superb facilities and resources.
The History department is a successful department, where learners enjoy lessons, and this results in a strong uptake of both History and Politics at A Level in the School’s Sixth Form where students thrive. Many students go on to study these subjects at university.
The History department is housed in a brand-new teaching block opened this term, and boasts the status of being the first net zero carbon school building in Essex. The successful candidate can expect the vast majority of their teaching to be taught in a classroom within this block.
The school is committed to continual curriculum improvement and the professional development of its staff. Sweyne Park will provide opportunities and new challenges for those who wish to progress their career.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism and uphold the values of the profession.
- Hold qualified teacher status.
- Uphold all of the Teachers’ Standards.
- Demonstrate a passion for specialist subject area; have a deep understanding and wealth of knowledge relating to it.
- Have enthusiasm for learning and education and show the ability to inspire this in others.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional learning and development.
- Show resilience and a willingness to adapt and respond to feedback.
- Be open, flexible and sensitive to the needs and aspirations of other people.
- Actively involve parents/carers and the community as fully as possible in the life of the school.
The ability to teach Politics at A Level would be a considerable advantage.
If you are a dedicated practitioner who is passionate about learning, we would look forward to receiving your application.
We would be very happy to answer any questions you may have, and provide the opportunity for you to have a discussion with the Head of Department or a member of the leadership team. We welcome visitors to the school in person in advance of the application deadline. To arrange this, please contact Kerry Wilby at email@example.com. To obtain further information, or download an Essex application form, please visit our website www.sweynepark.com.
The Sweyne Park School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant's appointment will be subject to satisfactory enhanced clearance by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Closing date: Monday 3rd December 2021
We reserve the right to withdraw this advert prior to the closing date for applications in the event that a suitable candidate is identified and appointed before that date.