"Having taught in several schools it is clear that The Holy Cross School is distinctive in its ethos and atmosphere. The students are well behaved, highly motivated and eager to learn. I have thoroughly enjoyed my first year at the school and look forward to many more." Teacher of History
About the Role
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and inspirational teacher to join our thriving History department. You should be able to teach across the ability range, be committed to quality learning for all pupils ensuring they fulfil their potential and be willing to contribute to the wider life of the school. This would be an excellent opportunity to work within a very supportive environment with highly motivated students. Ability to teach a second subject is desirable. This post is suitable for an NQT or a more experienced teacher.
To apply, please visit the school’s website where you can view the Candidate Information Pack for this position and download a CES Teacher application form www.holycross.kingston.sch.uk.
Please refer to the ‘Notes to Applicants’ document (which can also be found on the school website) when completing your application to ensure all required forms are submitted.
Completed application forms should be emailed to the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Saragosa-Voysey email@example.com. Applicants are welcome to contact the Head of History, Ms Kay firstname.lastname@example.org if they would like further information.
We reserve the right to appoint at any stage in the recruitment process.
"This is an outstanding school. Christian values and concern for others are at the heart of its work." Ofsted
The successful applicant should:
- Have excellent subject knowledge
- Have the ability to teach across all abilities and key stages
- Have an up to date understanding of new developments in history teaching
- Be supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school
- Be prepared to take initiative and enjoy taking responsibility
- Be an excellent role model for students
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have high expectations of the standards that can be achieved by all students
- Be able to work well within a team and be willing to contribute to the continued development of teaching strategies
- Have the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse student population
- Be well organised and able to adhere to deadlines
- Have strong classroom management skills
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Have excellent IT and administrative skills
- Be willing to contribute to the wider life of the school
Closing date: 12:00pm, Wednesday 23rd May 2018
Interviews: Thursday 24th May 2018
SAFER RECRUITMENT STATEMENT
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references will be required prior to the commencement of this post.
We welcome applications from all members of the community.