Job Title – Teacher of History
Grade - MPS/UPS £22,917 - £38,633
Accountable to – Area Team Leader for EBACC subjects
Leeds City Academy is an 11-16 sponsored Academy situated close to Leeds University. Our student body are highly talented and extremely aspirational. The vast majority of our students speak English as an additional language, but we see this as a hugely positive and inspiring skill. Our leadership team are committed to an Academy which works hard to reduce teacher work load and we have a fantastic benefit scheme run through Perkbox. Our NQT and CPD training programme is highly respected by staff at the Academy. Please apply if you wish to work for an Academy Trust who values and supports the next move in your career, come and join us on our journey to ‘Outstanding’.
You will join a busy department which has strong aspirations to be outstanding in three years' time. This subject is given a high priority in our academy.
To carry out the functions of a teacher at Leeds City Academy according to the ethos and expectations of the academy, in order to achieve our key aim of raising outcomes for all students.
You will join a busy department which has strong aspirations to be outstanding in three years' time. This subject is given a high priority in this academy and you must be willing to teach across the age range 11-16.
Please note that this job description should be read in conjunction with the National Core Standards for Teachers for main-scale post holders, and the post-threshold standards where applicable
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure good progress for all students within groups taught through the planning and preparation of high quality lessons which engage, motivate and support learners and adhere to the Academy Teaching and Learning Standard
• Strive to deliver a consistently high standard of teaching and learning
• Take responsibility within own teaching areas, and in the execution of general duties, for the creation of a positive climate for learning which results in positive, respectful attitudes from students
• Consistently apply the academy behaviour policy to support all colleagues in establishing high standards of behaviour from students, and in order that students have parity of treatment and expectations in all areas of the academy
• Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students within the Area Team and academy AR schedule
• In consultation with the Area Team Leader, contribute to the planning, design and production of high quality teaching materials and resources, appropriate to age and ability, in accordance with the Area Development Plan
• Be a form tutor for a specified group of students, establishing the rapport necessary to support their moral, social, cultural and emotional development through the delivery of the PHSCE curriculum within coaching sessions
• Within the Area Team, make a strong contribution to agreed PHSCE areas as designated to the subject area through Step Up Days
• Contribute to the wider life of the academy by participating in the provision of extension, enrichment and enhancement activities through a planned weekly programme
• Attend meetings, including parents’ consultation sessions and Meet Your Form Tutor Day, and fulfil duties or rotas as specified in the Staff Handbook
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds City Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure an Ofsted rating of outstanding by 2020.
We're securing our 2020 vision for Outstanding by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared the goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
If you would like to apply for this role please visit the careers page on our website at www.leedscityacademy.org.uk to see supporting documents and to download an application form. Once completed please return to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not been contacted by Friday 22/06/18 please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful. Thank you for taking the time to complete an application
Closing date: Wednesday 20/06/2018
Shortlisting date: Thursday 21/06/2018
Interview date: Monday 25/06/2018