Teacher of History
Pay Scale: Main/Upper Pay Scale
London Weighting: Outer
Norlington School and 6th Form is a small 11-16 boy’s school with a mixed 6th form school. Over the past 5 years the school has transformed itself into one of the highest performing schools in the country and has been recognised by the Minister for State Schools on three separate occasions for student achievement.
Norlington was judged to be a 'good school' by Ofsted;
• 'Students make excellent progress'
• 'Students behave well in lessons and around the school. They enjoy coming to school.'
• '..Leaders have a relentless drive for continuous improvement'
The school has an excellent CPD programme and is committed to developing all staff, as we continue our journey to becoming an ‘Outstanding’ school. This includes three staff training afternoons, two department meetings and one twilight training session every 6 weeks. Lessons finish for students at 1:30pm on a Friday.
The History department has made rapid improvements over the past few years at GCSE and A-level. This is an opportunity to make your mark and gain excellent career experience. We are looking for someone who is creative, innovative and open to new ideas to help drive the department forward to success. The History department delivers A level courses in the 6th form.
We require from September 2018
• A committed and dynamic teacher of History with a 'can do' attitude.
• An innovative practitioner who is creative in their delivery of curriculum
• An exceptional teacher with the potential to develop into an Outstanding leader who can support the achievements of the History department.
Posts will be subject to a Prohibition check for all roles involved with the management of pupils. Norlington School and 6th Form is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
A recruitment pack and application form is available on the TES jobs website, school’s website: www.norlington.net , Our school/Vacancies link. Please email completed application forms to email@example.com
Closing date: 26th March 2018