Teacher of History (Maternity Cover from end of November)
Walney School is a vibrant and exciting community. We are an 11 to 16 academy and a member of the Queen Katherine School Multi Academy Trust. Our setting is as unique as it is beautiful, being located on a small island off the stunning coastline of the Furness Peninsular on the fringes of the Lake District. We are looking for an excellent History teacher who possesses the talent and enthusiasm necessary to join our Humanities department. If you believe that making a difference to the lives of young people is the true privilege of our profession then you are well suited to us and we are well suited to you.
We are seeking an excellent teacher who can demonstrate their impact in raising the achievement and progress of students in History.
The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent teacher
- Experienced in raising attainment and progress of students
- Unrelenting in their desire to achieve the best for every child
- Able to inspire others to share your drive and vision
- Loyal, energetic and able to share the fun we have every day in driving improvement
We will offer you:
- The opportunity to be a part of a supportive, professional, dynamic and welcoming team
- Outstanding CPD and collaborative working through the QKS MAT and Teaching School
- A comprehensive and uniquely tailored induction programme
- The excitement of experiencing every day focused on improvement
For further information please visit our website www.walneyschool.org.uk and download the full application pack.
The school is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Services (DBS)