Required for 2nd December 2019
Teacher of History
Full Time, Maternity Cover
Dronfield Henry Fanshawe School is a successful, oversubscribed school with 1861 students on roll including 351 in the Sixth Form. It is situated close to the centres of Sheffield and Chesterfield on the edge of the Peak District National Park. The governors are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, committed and enthusiastic professional to continue to support the development of the subject of history within the Humanities faculty.
Applications are sought from candidates who:
• are excellent and innovative classroom practitioners able to teach through KS3 to KS4 with the possibility of KS5 for a suitable candidate
• demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement and the raising of achievement and progress of all students
• are excited about the potential of working in a school where pedagogy and professional learning are highly valued and recognised as exemplary
• have the vision, imagination and commitment to add to the strengths of the Faculty, to meet the highest professional standards and be a role model for our students
• may be NQTs looking for an exciting new post or experienced colleagues looking for career development
DHFS is a school that stands out. Our aim is for “Success with Care” and we achieve that as a result of our philosophy of “Commitment Not Compliance”. We are a learning community dedicated to providing an exceptional education for our students as a result of the exceptional skill and dedication of our staff. At DHFS “every person matters”. Our international work is highly valued and recognised with the International School Award.
Application packs are available from Stephanie Dunne (email@example.com) at the above address or from the school website. Please apply with a covering letter directly to the school, for the attention of the Headteacher.