Due to the continuing expansion of the academy, we require a qualified teacher of History.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning.
We are looking for:
- A qualified teacher, holding QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, to teach across all key stages and who has excellent subject knowledge;
- A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning and who will expect excellence from the students
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Outer London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing students!
About Harris Academy Morden
Harris Academy Morden have a very hard working team of teachers and support staff; they provide a caring and welcoming atmosphere for our students. We are traditional in our approach to discipline and uniform, yet forward thinking and at the cutting edge of curriculum development. The Academy's GCSE results in 2017 place us in the top 1% of schools nationally with a Progress 8 score of +1.01.
Why work at Harris Academy Morden?
- Flexible working considered for the right candidate
- Staff well-being is at the heart of our academy. We have a sensible marking policy, organised marking sessions to give staff time to mark and a two week October half term holiday
- Ofsted 2018 ‘There is a low turnover of staff and their morale is high’
- The Academy is traditional in our approach to discipline and has very high expectations for student behaviour. Ofsted 2018 ‘The behaviour of pupils is outstanding’
- Year 11 GCSE results consistently place the Academy in the highest percentile in the country. Ofsted ‘Pupils achieve exceptional outcomes in public examinations. Current pupils are making outstanding progress’.
- At Harris Academy Morden we pride ourselves on the inclusive approach and caring environment we have developed. Ofsted 2018 ‘A very strong sense of community is evident throughout the school’.
- Located favourably for public transport with good local access to bus, tram and train links to mainline rail and the underground network
- Exceptional personal and professional development opportunities across the Harris network
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Academy Morden are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please contact Mandy Francis, PA to the Principal via email on email@example.com to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.