Teacher of History – September 2018
Copthall School is a culturally diverse and inclusive all girls secondary school based in Mill Hill, Barnet.
History results are consistently strong with our 2017 results at GCSE and A-Level above the national averages (82% pass 9-4). Our thriving Sixth Form which is in the top 12% of schools for A Level results (ALPS grade 2) offers both A-Level and vocational pathways and our students boast an excellent success rate in University applications. Following the appointment of a new Headteacher in September 2016, Copthall has seen rapid improvements in standards across the school which resulted in outstanding outcomes and a progress 8 score of +0.82. Copthall also featured in the 2017 Parliamentary Review showcasing best practice.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated teacher of History who will join a dynamic and committed department. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced or newly qualified classroom teacher to make a significant contribution to the school.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach History at KS3 and KS4 and suitably qualified candidates will have the opportunity to teach A Level and a second subject in Humanities.
- be an outstanding teacher of History or have the potential and desire to become outstanding
- be experienced in raising or have the desire to raise attainment
- have proven experience of working or the desire to work successfully with students of all abilities
- be committed to our ethos of high expectations and no excuses with the belief that every child can succeed
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Join a supportive History team that has a good track record for student outcomes
- Access to continuous staff development. All staff receive coaching as part of our Incremental Coaching Programme and we strongly support NPQML & NPQSL
We welcome applications from NQTs as well as more experienced candidates.
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please get in touch if you would like to arrange this or visit us at our ‘Recruitment Fair’ on Wednesday 18th April 2018.
Copthall School is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Appointment is subject to a clear DBS check to an enhanced level.
Application forms must be completed and are available from the School website: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/219/join-us or by phoning the school office on 020 8959 1937.
Completed forms should be returned directly to Copthall School at the above address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday 20th April 2018 (12 noon)