Teacher of History
We are looking to appoint a talented, imaginative and enthusiastic teacher to contribute to the development of teaching and learning in History at all Key Stages. This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving department.
Rossett School is a successful 11-18 mixed secondary which converted to academy status in 2011. The school was judged ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2010.
We believe it is important to provide an education for all, acknowledging that the society in which we live is enriched by diversity. We strive to recognise and celebrate the diversity within our school community where everyone is equally valued and treats one another with respect and fairness.
The school achieves excellent value added results with an above average P8 score for the last two years, putting us in the top 30% of schools in the country.
If you have the ability to excite and inspire young people and have a passion for History we would like to hear from you.
• the opportunity to work in an ‘Outstanding’ secondary school where teaching and learning always takes priority;
• excellent professional development opportunities;
• a full and detailed programme of support and development for NQTs;
• regular opportunities to collaborate and focus on improving teaching and learning through our innovative Collaborative Research Communities (CRCs);
• additional support and training through the Red Kite Teaching School Alliance.
Rossett School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 20 May 2019.
For full details of this vacancy please visit our website at www.rossettschool.co.uk