Job Title: Teacher of History
Salary: MPS - UPS
Start Date: Easter 2018 or as soon as possible
Contract Type: Full time
Contract Term: Permanent
Berwick Academy is looking to appoint an inspirational History (and Humanities) Teacher from Easter 2018.
Berwick Academy is located midway between Edinburgh and Newcastle on the east coast mainline and serves the beautiful coastal community of Berwick upon Tweed in north Northumberland. We are a co-educational academy for pupils aged 13-18, with 540 pupils approx.
We can offer:
- Excellent support with a strong emphasis on CPD
- A friendly school that values teamwork and high achievement in all areas of our work with young people
- A skilled and supportive middle leadership team
- A friendly and welcoming student body
Ideally you will be:
· An enthusiastic and dynamic History teacher with a commitment to academic excellence
· Able to teach GCSE and A Level History
· Able to offer a second subject in Humanities
· Able to demonstrate thorough lesson planning, enthusiastic delivery and detailed assessment
For an application pack, to arrange a visit or an informal chat regarding this post and working at the Academy, please contact Diane Jamieson or Katie Mcwilliams on 0191 267 6555 or 07713 323 792 or email email@example.com
Completed application forms should be submitted by 19th February noon to Diane Jamieson via email.
Interviews will be held week commencing 23rd February 2018.
Berwick Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and expects all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Berwick Academy has a policy commitment to equal opportunities and diversity in employment and seeks to ensure no employee or applicant receives less favourable treatment than another. All posts are filled on merit.
Head Teacher – Alexis Widdowson
Berwick upon Tweed