The Governors of Blessed John Henry Newman RC College are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and passionate individual to the role of Teacher of History. The successful candidate should be well qualified, with the vision and energy to inspire and motivate young people and colleagues alike and will assist in realising the college vision (above).
We are looking for applicants who have:
- a determination to make a difference
- excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- aspirations to progress in their professional careers
What we can offer you:
Experience of teaching in a good school, a ‘close-knit community’ where Ofsted report (May 2016):
- There is a buzz around teaching. Teachers skillfully guide pupils to make good and better progress in all manner of different styles and techniques.
- It is not uncommon for an adult to enter a classroom unnoticed by the pupils because they are so engrossed in their work.
- Typically, pupils behave well in lessons and at social times.
- Pupils make good progress due to high-quality, engaging teaching and learning.
- State of the art facilities, including a laptop and iPad for all teachers
- An outstanding opportunity for professional development and career progression (Please see the employer of choice booklet for further details).
It is essential that you support the college vision of “Dignity and Excellence” by upholding the college's Catholic ethos and the fundamental belief that students must achieve their full learning potential.
Blessed John Henry Newman RC College is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants
Closing Date: 12 noon on Wednesday 25th April 2018
Interviews: 1st May 2018
Please email completed applications to the following email address. If you need an application pack to be posted to your address, please contact:
Senior HR Administrator
Tel: 0161 785 8858 ext.3201