Teacher of History (Part-time 0.6)
STARTING: 20th April 2020
CONTRACT: Fixed Term to cover period of maternity leave
HOURS: Part-time, 0.6 – 3 days per week (Wednesday-Friday)
The Governors of this school are looking to appoint a dynamic, inspirational teacher who is passionate about History and has the ability to motivate students to strive for excellence and outstanding examination success.
We are a very successful and diverse leading Catholic 11 – 16 High School with 900 pupils on roll situated in Didsbury (often voted as one of the most popular places to live in Manchester) only a short walk from the vibrant shops, bars and restaurants of Didsbury village, having excellent transport links to Manchester City Centre.
The Barlow RC High is an excellent place to teach and we are proud of the work we do to ensure an environment where children and adults alike can achieve their full potential.
You will join a very successful, supportive and friendly Humanities Faculty who are committed to sustaining and improving results. You will be required to teach across the full age and ability range within both Key Stage 3 and 4 including GCSE level and have the ability, drive and commitment to maintain and improve the current success rate.
• Have excellent subject knowledge
• Be a “Good” or “Outstanding” History practitioner;
• Be passionate about your subject and have the ability to challenge, inspire and motivate students to strive for success;
• Possess the ability to inspire, challenge and motivate students along with the ability to manage behaviour;
• Have high expectations of students – both academically and in relation to standards of behaviour
• Be supportive of the faculty drive to enable all students to achieve their full potential.
• Have the adaptability to hit the ground running;
• Play an active role within the school and the wider community;
• Be pro-active with the ability to act on your own initiative;
In return, we will offer you the opportunity to work in a friendly, supportive environment with the opportunity to further your professional development.
NQT’s are welcome to apply.
Please visit our website http://www.thebarlowrchigh.co.uk for an application pack. Completed applications should returned to email@example.com quoting the post title and your name in the subject line. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 12pm Tuesday 14th April 2020
Interview date: TBA
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.