Teacher of History
Teacher of History Key Stage 3 and 4
£29,915 - £41,136 per annum
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is holding Qualified Teachers Status.
The proposed start date for this role would be January 2022.
Smart Teachers is seeking to appoint an experienced History teacher who has a proven track record of teaching across Key stage 3 and 4 although A level experience would be highly desirable. This post is particularly suitable for a newly qualified or experienced teacher who would like to be offered the opportunity to work a heavily oversubscribed local 11-18 school based in Redbridge.
You will be joining a well-resourced big department that has a strong focus on raising achievement. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced teacher or an NQT. The successful candidate should have a genuine passion for the subject, the ability to be an outstanding teacher of their subject and be committed to raising achievement, raising aspirations, and going the extra mile. You will have an opportunity to be part of a very successful, mixed, multi-ethnic 11-18 school who are committed to delivering the highest quality learning experiences in order that all our students achieve their potential.
To be considered for the Teacher of History position, you will:
• Relevant specialist experience and qualifications in your subject specialism with the ability to teach at Key Stage 3 and 4
• Qualified Teachers Status
• Be eligible to work in the UK (must have a valid visa)
• Possess recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay as You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Teacher of History who can enthuse, motivate, and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Secondary team on 0207 065 7530, quoting the reference DXUHISTORY47807.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.