Salary: Main Pay Scale
Hours: 0.6 FTE
Contract term: Temporary position
Start date: January 2020
Friesland School is a good school that is on the path to becoming outstanding. Every child really matters at our school and each year we celebrate excellent results and last year was no exception with some outstanding achievements. We recognise that these outcomes are only possible through the commitment, dedication and skills of our highly valued staff.
We are currently looking to recruit for a Teacher of History (Humanities) to join our team of dedicated teachers at Friesland School. This is a temporary vacancy until the end of the acedemic year on a part time basis. In this role you will demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and consistently deliver inspirational lessons to our students.
We are looking for someone who is dynamic and hard working with a real passion for their subject. The ideal candidate will be committed to improving the outcomes of students at all key stages. This post would equally suit a confident and ambitious NQT or an experienced teacher.
Why join us
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people.
- Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.00.
- Free car parking.
- An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
- The ability to request flexible working.
- Entry to a career average pension scheme.
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Thursday 5 December 2019
Interviews will be held on: Friday 13 December 2019
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.