The Ockendon Academy are currently looking for a Teacher of History to start as soon as possible and welcome applications from both experienced teachers who can fully contribute to this outstanding department or newly qualified teachers seeking to widen their experience.
We are keen to appoint someone who enjoys inspiring students through their passion for the subject, has excitement and drive for teaching and learning and a strong desire to make a difference to student achievement. In return, the Academy will provide support through mentoring and CPD for newly qualified teachers and there is opportunity of promotion for those who are looking to advance in their careers.
The Ockendon Academy strives for excellence and we are looking for someone to join a fantastic humanities department who strive to achieve the best for their students. You will be committed to delivering high quality teaching and learning, while promoting progress and attainment for all students. You should be able to think creatively and produce engaging lessons that make students aware of the events that have shaped our world, gleaning the important lessons from these events and giving them a better understanding and appreciation of the subject through fun and thought-provoking discussions.
- Be educated to a first degree level or equivalent and hold QTS.
- Have experience of teaching the UK curriculum, ideally to Key Stage 5 and have the ability to plan and deliver lessons to ensure excellent learning progression takes place in all areas.
- Can assess and mark work, monitor pupils' progression and raise attainment levels.
- Have evidence that they have supported students effectively and possess a capacity to deliver engaging lessons, which inspire and motivate pupils to challenge their own learning.
- Have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
The Principal is happy to meet you for a pre-application visit, please contact Helen Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
To apply, please visit our website www.theockendonacademy.com to download the Job Description, Person Specification and Application form, or alternatively contact Denise Fowler, HR Manager at email@example.com, for an application pack.
The Ockendon Academy and Ockendon Studio School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.