Teacher of History
Inner London Pay Scale, MPS/UPS
Required for September 2018
Closing Date 12 noon on Friday 16th March 2018
We seek to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Teacher of History who will join a dynamic, growing and committed department to teach Humanities subjects across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional experienced or newly qualified classroom teacher to make a significant contribution to the further improvement of the department and who will embrace our drive to ensure that History is at the core of our Sixth Form offer.
It is an exciting time to join Bow School in our modern, bright and well-resourced building as we continue our drive towards outstanding.
The diversity of the school community ensures that Bow is a vibrant and interesting place to work. The successful candidates will demonstrate consistent high standards of teaching and excellent classroom management skills.
• An established and comprehensive mentor programme
• A strong personalised programme of professional development and coaching for teachers and support staff
• Strong links with other local schools for partnership working and support
• A strong community spirit
• Staff who are very supportive towards each other with a great camaraderie existing throughout the school.
Bow School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and the successful applicant will be subject to relevant vetting checks before an offer of appointment is confirmed and will be subject to rechecking thereafter, as appropriate.